EXCELLENCE IN GOVERNMENT SERVICES
“A Fair Return for Hard Earned Tax Dollars – Less Waste!”
No ifs, ands or buts about it – wasting tax payers money is a crime. Bureaucrats who waste tax payer monies instead of applying them to help people will be found out and punished to the fullest extent the law will allow. Stealing from hard working tax payers will not be tolerated!
If you spend your day doing nothing productive collecting tax payer money, you better be worried about getting another job.
Do not discourage and disincentive the producers! Over taxing people producing products, creating jobs and provide providing valuable services is counter-productive and creates less overall income.
Centralized planning of an economy has never worked and will never work. De-centralize! If a Government service is needed have it be delivered as locally as possible.
We need to re-engineer the steps from a tax payers pocket to people in need and eliminate anything that does not add value. We want the highest percentage possible of tax payer dollars going toward the intended need.
We must teach people to fish instead of just giving them fish. We can bolster self reliance education starting at a young age.
- We believe that it is time to renew the Public Works Administration with great care to ensure that tax payers receive a fair return on investment. We do need to renew and update the La Guardia Airport in New York as an example and to renew bridges, roads, canals and dikes around the nation. We need to invest in infrastructure to relieve traffic jams. We propose putting someone like former General Colin Powell, or someone he may assign, in the leadership of the Public Works Administration. We believe that basic labor for these projects can be inner city youth that can be given a choice by judges to do jail time or work for the Public Works Administration when they get in trouble. Better yet we can encourage idle youth to join the Public Works projects before they get in trouble. Public Works jobs can get people on the right track. They can be an integral part of Welfare Reform and Youth Education Initiatives if managed properly. Public Works can be a win-win scenario for all. We do believe that the private sector is better at creating sustainable jobs than the public sector. Public Works should be limited to those activities outside the scope of free private initiative enterprise and should be done contracting with private enterprises.
- Invest in the National Institute of Health and in science heavily fostering collaboration between Universities and Entrepreneurs to bring needed new technologies to widespread use. Double the budget of The NIH, The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, The National Science Foundation as well as cancer research initiatives.
- E Party Basic Plan for Fighting Poverty
- Entrepreneurship Party Starting Platform Position on Key Issues Subject To Modification at Convention
What Should Government Do?
- Enhance business and job creation.
- Ensure the benefits of free and fair international trade.
- Accelerate the development of new technologies by incentivizing the private sector.
- Ensure social security for America's Senior Citizens that paid Social Security payments all their working life.
- Ensure Medicare and Medicaid healthcare to those truly in need.
- Fund essential basic research that would not be undertaken by private firms or in collaboration with private firms.
- Ensure the quality of the air, waters, plant life, animal life, human life and land - environmental protection.
- Ensure safe work places.
- Keep financial markets transparent and honest.
- Education K-12 and support of higher education.
- Maintain our National Parks and protect priceless natural treasures.
- Keep our citizens safe from crime.
- Guarantee and protect basic civil rights for all citizens’ especially racial minorities.
- Provide basic humane care for our injured soldiers and other disabled people.
- Protect our national security.
- Protect our national borders.
What Should Government Do?
- Protect Family and Medical Leave Act Regulations.
- Protect our borders from illegal immigration. Help hard working existing immigrants to have a clear and fair path to citizenship if they are productive law abiding (tax paying - health insurance buying) good citizens during their 7 year evaluation period. Enforce existing illegal immigration laws - deport bad illegal immigrants. Open up to reasonable numbers and ease the path for legal immigration to those applicants whom really want to and can become great productive American citizens. Have compassion for illegal immigrant children whom have no choice in their status or condition.
- Be an important and respected member of World organizations such as the United Nations, The World Bank, The International Monetary Fund.
- Protect patients' bill of rights.
- The Federal Government should stay out of people's homes and family life, it is not their business to regulate family values in the home.
- Fight poverty here in the USA and abroad.
- Ensure children receive essential immunizations and basic healthcare.
- Help the country to become energy independent.
- Promote the development of clean energy technologies.
- Promote sustainable agriculture and nutrition.
- Ensure a balanced budget.
- Ensure a balance of payments and a manageable trade deficit.
- Keep our national debt to an acceptable level for healthy economic growth.
- Invest in public works that benefit American citizens, ensure a fair return for tax payer dollars.
- Encourage private initiatives to solve societies' problems whenever and wherever possible.
- Help people to be able to own homes.
- Help people to be able to start small businesses and to keep them afloat, especially minorities and women. Fair and equal access to capital at reasonable costs. Relief from over regulation and bureaucracy costs. Relief from excessive taxes. Relief from excessive and unnecessary and costly law suits from all fronts. Ensure ability to promote their stock shares and their products freely to the free market without Government excessive interference. Relief from excessive accounting regulations. Relief from delays in permits and licenses. For products where Government approvals are necessary before sales can begin a fast track pathway.
- Our Middle East policy is to reach out to moderate Arabs for help in resolving conflict in the region and reducing terrorism. E Party's Middle East Policy. We endorse Senator Biden's plan to divide Iraq into three parts and to exit our troops out on a relatively short schedule.
Effective Executive Leadership
- The E Party stands for effective Executive Leadership
- Our non-partisan party stands for an end to extreme polarization.
- Containing disagreements, building consensus, negotiating a compromise between opposing interests, establishing national direction that most people can support.
- Politics is now, as it has always been, is a clash of interests. Our E Party leaders try to construct agreements that harmonize those opposing groups in a manner that produces progress for nation as a whole.
- The President is the sole political leader elected by the entire country. In our system no other figure is as suited to look beyond partisan, factional, or regional interests to the national interest. If the President does not bring the nation together, no one else can do so around him or her.
- A great Executive leader listens to different sides of an argument to come to the best decision. A President should regularly invite Members of Congress with varying views for discussions to gain understanding. A good Executive promotes an environment for a healthy class of ideas that does not devolve down to personal attacks.
- Leadership is an interactive process.
- Effective leadership strives for proactively reaching the common ground.
- A good leader energizes people to participate in finding the best solution to problems and gains trust from others that his or her heart is in the right place.
- Leaders who reunite America after our long and destructive cycle of extreme partisanship will not extinguish all our conflicts, but they will summon us to lift our eyes to our shared national interests, which remain today, as Theodore Roosevelt described them nearly a century ago, "as broad as the continent." The partisan, ideological, cultural, and geographic fault lines in American life a jagged and deep. But from the towering heights of our common dreams, those differences all look very small.
Credit; Ronald Brownstein; The Second Civil War, How Extreme Partisanship Has Paralyzed Washington and Polarized America, The Penguin Press,
New York, 2007
Click on our related links below:
What is true for England is true for the USA....
From the World that Fails to the World that Works - The Coming Transformation of Government. by Newt Gingrich
500-Plus Economists Sign Open Letter Reminding President Bush of the Benefits of Immigration
Who Pays Taxes 1999-2005
Americans Give Twice as Much as the Next Most Charitable Country
Citizens Against Government Waste
Data Show Americans Give to Charity, Volunteer
Americans Giving To Charity Time and Money an Analysis Conclusion = Conservatives Tend to Give More
States' Rights - Answer.com
Office of Management and Budget - Funded Agencies and Their Purpose - whitehouse.gov
Public Works: When ‘Big Government’ Plays Its Role
Senate Action Brings Innovation Agenda One Step Closer to Reality
Rewarding Work - How to Restore Participation and Self-Support to Free Enterprise by, Edmund S. Phelps
The Whitehouse.gov - From the Office of Management and Budget, THE PRESIDENT’S 2008 BUDGET