The natural individual rights of Man over submissive transfer of rights to the state.
Promoting opportunity for people to live out their dreams.
Less Government intervention in peoples lives.
Ending double and triple taxations which ruin incentive. Here in Florida nearly 50% of all businesses are founded and run by women and minorities. Most of these businesses are sub-chapter S corporations, especially in their initial formative years when they are fighting most valiantly for survival. The tax increase program advocated by my opponent will hurt these women and minority entrepreneurs more so than others. Surveys indicate that women open their own businesses to have the freedom to balance their time between work and home life. To gain independence from politics found when working for the Government or in large corporations. Opponents promote a plan that will endanger the survival of these fledgling sub-chapter S corporations that file their tax returns for their businesses as personal tax returns. This will reduce job creation and will hurt women in particular severely. Many of these women will have to give up their dream of freedom of owning their own business and managing their work-home life balance, to then go to work for the Government in one of the left’s Government run programs. We have worked hard to move from the Kennedy years where women only owned about 5% of America’s businesses to today where nearly 50% of all businesses are owned by women. A vote for The Entrepreneurship Party Candidates is a vote for empowering women and minorities through sub-chapter S corporations to manage their lives with more freedom as individual entrepreneurs, not as captive state-run program workers.
- Simplified three tier tax structure: Entrepreneurs and other job creators or producers pay up to 20% income taxes and still receive deductions for marriage, dependents and charitable donations. Those with greater than 80% of their income derived from value added high margin exports that bring needed new income into the U.S.A. and create highly valued high paid new jobs will receive deductions that will allow them to go down to only 10% income tax. Government workers and other jobs which do not produce new income or new jobs for the American economy are taxed up to a progressive maximum rate of 38% income tax rate on the highest wage earners.
$110,000 and also receive standard deductions. People can opt to be in either group by making their case of whether their job helps productivity and job creation in America or does not. People in the 38% tax rate group will receive a card that allows them to receive a greater level of FREE Government services than the 20% group including certain health care services. The 38% tax payers will receive subsidization of their health care insurance and/or will be provided the opportunity to receive free Government healthcare at VA Hospitals or other Government run facilities. The 20% group will have to pay USER FEES for many Government services that they may consume and will have to buy health insurance fully on the private market. Someone in the 20% group may opt at any time to go up to 38% and not pay any user fees and will receive additional health benefits.
- Improving the ability of parents to transfer their hard earned wealth onto their children.
- Allowing small companies to pool together for lower health insurance rates.
- All personal income tax rates should be reduced permanently, and those lower tax rates should take effect immediately. Across-the-board tax rate reductions are one of the strongest tonics for an ailing economy. It is particularly important to reduce the top tax rate, since it is this levy that imposes the greatest disincentive on investors, entrepreneurs, and small-business owners. There should be firm limits on the growth of domestic spending since a bigger Government is likely to harm economic performance. In times of war, it is both necessary and desirable to increase spending on programs that help defend the nation, but lawmakers should not delude themselves by believing that such new spending, by itself, will help the economy. Government spending--even for legitimate purposes--diverts resources from the productive sectors of the economy. And under no circumstances should special interests be allowed to hijack a national emergency to increase domestic spending.
- All citizens when asking for tax support for their favorite cause or pet project must ask the question in these terms "I think my neighbor should work extra hours to pay for my _________ because I do not want to pay for it myself." This could be "I think my neighbor should work extra hours to pay for my DAUGHTERS COLLEGE EDUCATION because I do not want to pay for it myself" Or "I think my neighbor should work extra hours to pay for my HOUSEHOLD INSURANCE or CAR INSURANCE or HEALTH INSURANCE because I do not want to pay for it myself." People should remember that the Government itself has no money. The money the Government has is taken from hard working farmers that wake up at 4:30 a.m. to till their fields, from small businessman struggling to make payroll and to keep their business afloat, from waitresses struggling to pay their mortgage or lease payment. Since the I.R.S. collects taxes from your neighbors by force sometimes barging into buildings with badges displayed and guns drawn, perhaps the question should read "I think that the Government=I.R.S. should barge into my neighbors house or onto my neighbors farmland and take by force some of his or her hard earned produce or savings so that I may have it to pay for my _______ fill-in-the-blank, that I do not want to pay for myself." Imagine a farmer that saved all his life to buy his farm land to fulfill his dream of being an independent farmer. He breaks his back to clear the land, prepare the soil, plant the crops, pull the weeds. He fights bad weathers, drought and insects. Birds and animals come and eat a lot of his grown fruits and vegetables. After all this he gets ready to make his first harvest and suddenly a bunch of college kids come and take six or seven rows of his crops. They say "we deserve this" we need YOU to pay for OUR college education. They further say "we want to graduate from Law School and get a big starting salary - we do not want to be like you working in the fields tilling soil and sweating." Then a few inner city welfare recipients come and take six or seven more rows of his crops. They say "we deserve this, you owe us" for subsidized housing, welfare checks and food stamps. They further say "we are holding out to get a decent high paying job in the future - we do not want to be like you or working in the fields for peanuts or at McDonalds or Wal-Mart." Then the city, county and state Government bureaucrats come and take many more rows saying "you owe us this." They further say "we want YOU to pay for OUR great benefits plan and to protect OUR job security, without us taking your funds we might have to lay off some Government workers - we do not want to be like you living with insecurity based only on what YOU produce." Then the Federal Senators and Congressmen come and take 100 rows of his crops and say "we need these funds for our pork barrel projects to pay back the people that donated to our campaigns to get elected - you owe us." The exhausted farmer collapses on his land broken down in complete discouragement saying "I worked hard and produced this crop myself with my own bare hands; I risked everything I saved my life for to act on this opportunity - what gives you the right to take it from me!"
• Cut corporate welfare by $30 billion
• Cut earmarked appropriations $20 billion
• Reduce oil subsidies $21 billion
• Cut farm subsidies for wealthiest farmers $10 billion
• Switch to matching private funds for many federal tax supported programs - ie; neighbors pool half for new road or a new water dike or noise wall in their neighborhood and federal Government matches $150 billion
• Shift many federal programs to state and local Governments $100 billion
• Federal Government stops regulating many things that should be left to states, counties and cities $100 billion
• Cut federal employees in most but not all departments by 10 to 15% $20 billion.
• Reduce employment taxes $100 billion
• Eliminate capital gains tax to encourage investment
• Reduce red tape for companies raising capital on public exchanges
• Reduce cost to bring new medical innovations to market
• Switch military focus to air power focus and drone aircraft $50 billion
• Invest in low cost preventative healthcare and early catch procedures to save $100 billion annually in health care costs.
• Promote healthy nutrition and sustainable agriculture Including the eating of fresh vegetables and fruits to save $10 billion annually in health care costs
• Use existing conference rooms and facilities to expand educational facilities with less cost ie; get corporations to borrow their unused conference rooms in evenings to state colleges as an example.
• Better use our under utilized existing paid for library facilities to expand education.
• Use the internet better to reduce education costs.
• Make use of donated time from parents and Entrepreneurs to supplement and help full time teachers. ie; let students learn from those with real World experience.
• Facilitate joint ventures of U.S. businesses with businesses in developing countries to facilitate increased competitiveness of U.S. businesses in the World market.
- The top 25 percent of wage earners or income producers in the country pay 84% of the nation’s tax burden. The bottom 50% of wage earners and income producers pay only 3% of the nations tax burden. The bottom 50% of wage earners consume over 99% of the free Government services of subsidized housing, subsidized or free healthcare, welfare and subsidized food (food stamps).
The top 5 percent of wage earners or income producers in the U.S.A. pay over 55% of the nation’s tax burden. The top 10 percent of income producers pay over 67%.
Most of the top 25 percent income producers that pay 84% of the U.S. tax burden are entrepreneurs whom are struggling to keep their businesses afloat. 90% of all companies in the USA have less than 20 employees. These firms with fewer than 20 employees are responsible for 97% of all new job creation in the USA. Further increasing taxes on the top 25 percent producers more serves to hurt job creation in the USA and stifles innovation which can improve the environment, lessen our energy dependence on foreign oil and reduce health care costs. Most innovation comes from small companies. Higher taxes on the top 25% of producers will result in more business failures, lost jobs, lost innovation and the end effect will be less tax revenues.
- Create a federal Angel Investor Tax Cut that offers incentives for ‘Angel Investors’ to invest in the job creating enterprises. Provide extra incentives for investment in targeted growth and export oriented industries such as clean energy, information technology and healthcare.
- Make permanent and double the Research and Experimentation Tax Credit so that companies will invest in the development of innovative new technologies.
When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." Benjamin Franklin
Click on our related links below:
Fat tax in Denmark: Why they have it; could it happen in U.S.?
Economics Essays: Fat Tax: Why we should tax unhealthy food
Americans Give Twice as Much as the Next Most Charitable Country
Who Pays Taxes 1999-2005
Why do American's Give?
The Historical Lessons of Lower Tax Rates
Tax Revenues Rise Above Predictions
The Simplified Income Tax Plan
The Reagan Tax Cuts: Lessons for Tax Reform
Reason Magazine - Take the Federal Out of Farming
Data Show Americans Give to Charity, Volunteer
Americans Giving To Charity Time and Money an Analysis Conclusion = Conservatives Tend to Give More
The Taxman Cometh - by Cal Thomas
Foundation For Economic Education - Freedom Library
House Tightens Disclosure Rules for Pet Projects
Lower Taxes, Less Government, More Freedom - www.freedomworks.org
Simplifying Federal Taxes - The Advantages of Consumption-Based Taxation
Where Do My Income Tax Dollars Go?